“I choose NOT to smoke” was the simple but strong message addressed to the Greek society during the event organized by the Hellenic Ministry of Health, in the context of the World No Tobacco Day on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Who We Are
Corporate Social Responsibility
George D. Behrakis Research Lab offers Medical consultation and Lung Function tests to:
- ACG students and staff, yearly during the Mind Body Spirit Fest.
- Victims of Attica fires (July 2018)
- Hellenic Post staff (Spring 2019)
- Members of the NGO Touch of Life (Agigma Zois)
- Patients of the NGO Social Mission Clinic (Apostoli)
- Citizens of remote islands visited with Symplefsi
- Educational activities for tobacco prevention, in parallel with sport games for events held by Transition Sports
- Combined interventions to increase student awareness on effects of smoking on health, the marine environment and the protection of endangered sea-turtles in collaboration with Medasset
During the annual Symplefsi Aegean Cross to remote islands,
- SMOKEFREEGREECE educators deliver school-based interventions for tobacco prevention to students
- physicians deliver lectures on the health effects of smoking and tobacco prevention to the adult citizens
- activities towards environmental awareness (e.g. a beach clean-up)
The 31st May has been dedicated to raise awareness on this major public health risk worldwide.
For the Greek version of this article, click here. What is Asthma? Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition that...
The George D. Behrakis RESEARCH LAB is proud to share the recent Hellenic Post launch of a commemorative set of...
The World Health Organization marks April 7th as World Health Day “Health is a human right; it’s time for health...
The 4th annual ENSP-SRP International Conference on Tobacco Control was held recently in Bucharest. Prior to the ENSP conference opening,...